Thursday 1 February 2018

Wiosna 2018 Row 1

Today is Thursday so that means that another row will be revealed by Renulek.  I am using a King Tut Thread color 918. Because of the short color change it will be interesting to see if one color dominates or disappears.

It is smaller than size 80 and a bit twisty so you need to adjust your tatting.  I used this before when I put trim on some shirts last year.

Renata has provided Row 1 of the Wiosna 2018 on her blog and will post every Thursday.  You can also purchase the complete instructions on her Etsy page.

9 comments:

  1. I’m using white thread because I need to use it up, but I envy you your bright colours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So love the bright colours that is amazing thread but so fine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. King Tut is a wonderful thread! I'm sure you'll enjoy using it for this project. My best 'guesstimate' of the thread size would be about equal to DMC 100. I'm using a very tiny thread, too, also variegated, but somewhat darker than yours overall. I'll add a solid color later....maybe. ;) Your doily looks wonderful so far.
    StephanieW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I might add another color, depends if I get to a thread store in the near future.

      Delete
  4. I did that same color in an older one of the spring doilies and use a grey with it. I like how you too the first picture so close up it looked like size 3 thread ha ha ha then the next one was next to the shuttles and then you know the truth in size :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to go have a look at what you have done. Yes we can be fooled by the size. I was never comfortable showing my work up this close but as I gain more tatting skills and confidence I don't mind such intense magnification.

      Delete
  5. I'll try to use it for a background in my next post on my blog so you don't have to work so hard to find it :)

    ReplyDelete

It is always nice to see that someone has commented on my posts. Your comment will be published after verification. Happy Tatting