Thursday, 11 February 2016

Vintage Thread Vintage Pattern

I found this deep red cotton thread in my stash of vintage  threads.  It is by J&P Coats Mercer Cotton size 50 and it called me to tat it. I don't have much on the ball and I was looking for a quick heart pattern.

This tatted up quickly using shuttle and ball.  It is a very nice thread to use. What you are seeing in the picture is unblocked and despite a few twisted picots which can be fixed it is a great piece to tat.

I used my Oak shuttle and small hook made by Keld Olesen  purchased at Tat Days; they were the perfect tools for this fine thread.

Have you guessed where the pattern is from yet.  Well I'll tell you, it is from  Clark's O.N.T. J&P Coats Book No. 229 pattern  9106.   This pattern is the corner of a coaster under the Sherry glass on the cover. It made up into a very nice heart.

11 comments:

  1. Love this heart did you just post it on Instagram cause I saw one just like it :)
    An nice thread is always a dream to work with!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I usually post to Instagram but you only get the picture and not the story nor materials used behind it thus I usually put on my blog as well. I don't have many followers on either, I'm a work in progress.

    Yes this thread reminds me of some I saw at Tat Days, a gal from the UK was using it. It is a dream to work with, sadly I don't have much of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Heart ! Love the colour & design and so glad you enjoyed the entire experience :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty shuttle and lovely heart shape.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I follow you on the blog cause I love to see what you're up to. Must put you on the list of blogs I follow on the front of my blog. At the moment you're just on the dashboard list. Lovely heart too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jane, hmm that's the same reason I follow you.

      Delete
  6. At first I thought it was an old pattern I've been looking for, but it's not quite the same. Lovely heart to try out a thread.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh do tell us what you are looking for. I've been browsing hearts.

      Delete
  7. Lovely heart, I think I might have that booklet so I will look and see great heart pattern
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to draw it out as it does not come together until the third ring.

      Delete

Thank you for your comments, it will be published after verification.