Tuesday, 20 February 2018

Day 14 was a fluke

Day 14 was a fluke, well we added a fluke and had confirmation that this is a mermaid.  I see lots of picots on the head so hair is expected and Day 15 we added long locks of flowing hair.   I took the liberty of creating a bra with some rose beads.  I am pleased with the results.

I first tatted a few rings to make a bra but it just didn’t look right, then I found the perfect sized star bead but I only had the one.  Searched my stash and found these rose beads; brought back from the Philippines. 

Just another reminder that it is never too late to tat up the TIAS from this or previous years. 

When I first started following Jane's blog and found out about the TIAS I couldn't wait for the new year to arrive.  I had recently learned to use two shuttles and had made at least five split rings.  That first TIAS I was to make a split ring my friend as Jane always seems to have a lot of them in her patterns.  I like them now. 

I tatted with a size 20 Lizbeth Grape Pomegranate, and the fluke with Lizbeth Turquoise Lt.  The hair is a mix of the turquoise and some lilac and lt green DMC Cebelia.


  1. Ah you did it! I love the rainbow hair and bra of roses to cover so very cute and great idea🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹

  2. Very cute. I gotta look in my bead stash.


It is always nice to see that someone has commented on my posts. Your comment will be published after verification. Happy Tatting