Wednesday 5 January 2022

Landing Pad

   

 

I was gifted a handmade tray from one of my DH hockey buddies Brian.  It was a thank you for some tatting I had gifted.  

The tray is made from repurposed wood, once part of a dresser.  The corners have lovely dovetail joints and it is finished with a coat of varnish.  It is just the right size as a "landing pad" for my tatting tools.

That green and purple thing is a needle threader with a different size wire on each end. My favorite tool is the smooth jaw forceps. They can pull a needle and hold a spot on the thread as you count beads.  They also can hold the shortest length of thread to assist to open a ring.

I lined the tray with Vellux as I had extra from an earlier project, now the tray can double as a beading mat.  I put a shuttle in the tray before I took the picture so you would know what craft I am up to as the tools could be used for many needlecrafts.  

Thanks again Brian, what a lovely gift and a great addition to my desk.  I am still getting organized for the next year of tatting and every little bit helps. 


3 comments:

It is always nice to see that someone has commented on my posts. Your comment will be published after verification. Happy Tatting