Thursday 27 January 2022

Blame it on Diane

Sometimes you get a pattern in your head and you just can't stop tatting it.  Well that happened a few days ago and along came all these icedrops.  Made popular by Diane Cademartori.

I had posted about these earlier here. So it appears that I have again gotten Icedrop fever.  The pattern is a slight variation on the pattern Purple Fudge Ice Drop and is made in one pass.  Patterns can be found in the files of the Facebook page Ice Drop Addicts. hmm, seems to be a theme here.  
Over the years I have had many of these glass drops gifted but I mostly had a bag of clear ones.  I painted the flat bottoms with nail polish, one or two coats as needed.  Then tatted these up using some 6 strand Sanbest polyester thread.  

Finally I used earring stops and a coilless pin to create one into a brooch. 

4 comments:

It is always nice to see that someone has commented on my posts. Your comment will be published after verification. Happy Tatting