Monday 24 January 2022

Goldwork

One of the many perks of joining a needlecraft guild is that you are introduced to different types of fiber arts.  My local guild, the Calgary Guild of Needle and Fibre Arts put together a starter kit and taught this project in Goldwork.

I learned a little about pearl purl, rough purl, smooth purl and spangles.  Whew a whole new language.  

I still need to finish the back of this piece and perhaps that will be another class.

This is a pattern by Sarah Homfray and you can find her website here


3 comments:

  1. It's very pretty.
    StephanieW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow. I’ve read about goldwork, it sounds rather daunting, so good to have help in learning it. Love the result, well done.

    ReplyDelete

It is always nice to see that someone has commented on my posts. Your comment will be published after verification. Happy Tatting