Monday 10 January 2022

Lace Baskets

Years ago, I had the honor of meeting Judith Connors, She taught a course in making a tatted basket.  Designed by Lene McKenzie called Lacy Basket and Lid.  Judith told the class that Lene had made these to hold treats at her daughters wedding. Lene made one for each guest, I recall the number was over one hundred.

I never did finish that basket but I did finish this one, It is an adaptation by Linda Williams and Joelle Paulson. 

There were numerous mistakes and I will make another better.  The floral glass bead in the center was clear but I painted some nail polish on the flat bottom. School glue diluted with water was used to stiffen, remembering to remove excess and clean the glass before letting it completely dry.   

I have a few projects from last year still on the shuttles and they are calling me.  It is a perfect opportunity to work on those projects while I get to do TAT IT AND SEE 2022 which starts in just a few days.

 so 


 

4 comments:

It is always nice to see that someone has commented on my posts. Your comment will be published after verification. Happy Tatting