Monday 28 September 2015

Got, Bought or Won.

I have just arrived back home from the 10th Annual Tat Days in Cambridge Ontario Canada. I got, bought or won a hanky, 1 picot set, 1 hand carved hook, 2 balls thread, 2 HDT, 2 roommates, 5 shuttles, 12 pattern books, bags of beads, loose patterns and techniques, a whole sac of tools, tealight holder and many new friends. 

The weekend began with my arrival at the KW airport where there was a tatter to pick me up. Below is the sign Jane K. made for me, Bernice's Shuttle.

We had planned to go out for dinner with the ladies from Denmark and the UK so off we all went along with our host Jane K. We all got to talking so much we were the last to leave in the restaurant, we pulled out our tatting back at the hotel and continued chatting long into the evening. 

Friday morning many more tatters had arrived and I was invited to go off to Lens Mills a large fabric store nearby, I enjoyed it and found a few things to put in my suitcase.  Registration began on Friday afternoon and I was first through the doors, and an hour later taking a class from Judith Connors (AUS) and Jane Eborall (UK) sitting in the class. The fun had only just begun.  I soon learned that I cannot talk, listen to jokes, take instruction and tat at the same time. Oh things did get better by Saturday afternoon and Sunday I actually finished a project.  I also took additional classes from Jennifer Williams (Wales) and Georgia Seitz (USA).  Linda (UK) was kind enough to show me pearl tatting and Georgia come by to show both of us another way of doing it, tatters are the best.

Much to my surprise Karey Solomon was at the event selling her HDT and books, one which I've had my eye on for some time.  I met so many nice ladies and  didn't blow my budget.

I would encourage all tatters to attend a tat and chat in your area and if you have the opportunity to attend a conference like I did, do it at least once.

Happy tatting. 

9 comments:

  1. You do seem to have had a splendid time, and very productive too :-) Hope to see it all reflected in your future work & posts :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 12 new books?? - and no picture of them for me to drool over? - maybe another post is needed. It sounds as though everyone had a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure, I will show off the books. Sorry to make you drool LOL.

      Delete
  3. Sounds like so much fun. I'd love to go to one of these conferences. Perhaps one day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great to meet you too. I thoroughly enjoyed the whole weekend too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A good haul and a splendid event! I love your description of trying to multitask.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With all the excitement and talking to other tatters it is a wonder any tatting was done at all. As I am used to tatting on my own with controlled distractions I was just not expecting this much fun.

      Delete

It is always nice to see that someone has commented on my posts. Your comment will be published after verification. Happy Tatting