Monday 7 September 2015

Salsa Weekend

It's a holiday Monday here in Canada "Labour Day" and the day was full of labour. Saturday the tomatoes were purchased and peeled and cored, then set overnight.  On Sunday I chopped onions and peppers, a few hot ones and cooked up the salsa. I pulled out the canner and processed 17 quarts,  I hope it lasts a while as it takes a long time to complete.  

Today Monday, I canned up the leftover tomatoes and now have nine quarts of canned tomatoes.

I have a box of apples that my sister dropped off so applesauce, apple crisp and apple pies may be in my near future.

Just a little bit of tatting was done.  These little angels done in "Ricamo Ancora" part of the vintage thread gifted a few weeks ago. 

1 comment:

  1. Good to have your can cupboard full! I like the angels, they look joyful angels.

    ReplyDelete

It is always nice to see that someone has commented on my posts. Your comment will be published after verification. Happy Tatting