Wednesday 26 October 2016

Inspiration

It is the smallest things that give us inspiration. One of the ladies in my exercise class passed this green scarf ring to me.  It has a cute note attached. She said that it came from her aunts things, an aunt that went to many craft sales.  I do like to wear scarfs and perhaps that's why she thought of me.

How would it have been used?  I think it would be pinned to the inside coat collar and the scarf passed through when worn, alternatively the ring could be pinned inside the coat and when hanging up your coat the scarf is passed through so you don't lose it. 

I don't believe it would have been used without being pinned to your coat but please let me know your thoughts. 

This is not tatted but crochet around a plastic ring, The plastic ring is 1.25 inches 3 cm in diameter.  If pinned to the outside of your shirt it could also be used as an eyeglass holder.

This gift has inspired me to create a tatted scarf ring or eyeglass holder.  I will share my creations in a later post.

8 comments:

  1. What a cute and useful thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sweet to put a little poem with it! I love it and maybe tatting would be good with it 💟😄💟

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made a few of these back in the 1970s. They were intended to hold a silky neck scarf when hanging a coat. I do not recall if I ever had a pattern or if I just copied a sample ring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Randi, did you attach the little poem too?

      Delete
  4. A tatted version, good idea. Could you pin it to your blouse to hold the scarf in place, rather than a coat?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds to me like you have the right idea for it's use. And it sounds like a neat idea!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea! I always stuff my scarf down one sleeve... but there is always the risk of it just sliding out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea and poem ! It can so easily have been tatting ! Do try it :-)

    ReplyDelete

It is always nice to see that someone has commented on my posts. Your comment will be published after verification. Happy Tatting