Wednesday 10 July 2019

Summer Challenge

One of the local guilds I belong to has given us a summer challenge, we are to do a project base on this quote. 

""


This was the push I needed to make some flowers that  I have wanted to make since I took a class at Shuttlebirds in 2018.  My first flower is from Mary Konior "Tatting with Visual Patterns" pgs 66 and 67.  You create a circle of petals and assemble. I added a bead and then wound the petals around.  I had two threads so I just tied them in a knot at the bottom.  I may add a calyx.

I was just using up some extra crochet cotton size 10 that was on a teaching Tatsy shuttle so this flower is large.  I lightly starched the cotton with white school glue and water .


3 comments:

  1. Very effective. I've seen the pattern but not tried it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it!!! I might have to make a few flowers.... and get busy and blog more.

    ReplyDelete

It is always nice to see that someone has commented on my posts. Your comment will be published after verification. Happy Tatting