Monday, 18 September 2017

Trim Done

Well, I finished this shirt just in time.

This simple edge was done using a King Tut Quilting thread color 918.  There is a very short color change and much shorter than the Sulky Blendables I used a few years ago.  This thread tats up a bit smaller than size 80.

I have basted the trim on using the same thread. The length of the trim is about 18 inches and goes between the shoulder seams. I slightly eased the trim to make that turn at the V.  

You can't see from this picture but I used frontside/backside tatting as this will only be seen from one side and it was a nice easy practice using this technique.

See you all in about a week as I am off to Cambridge Ontario for some new adventures and to take in Tat Days at the Fringe too.  I'll post when I get back.


5 comments:

  1. It's lovely. I think it's funny that you've been using King Tut, which is a US company, and you're on the 'opposite' side of Canada from there, and I've been using Valdani #35 thread (the machine embroidery threads - been using the #60 ones, too - now THAT's tiny thread). King Tut - if I've been told correctly - is approximately the size of DMC 100. I think the Valdani #35 is about the same size, can't remember. I'm on the opposite side of the US from where Valdani is. I really like both of the trims for the shirts. They're very pretty, and the colors go so well with the shirts.
    StephanieW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow so tiny lovely to decorate the tee!

    ReplyDelete

It is always nice to see that someone has commented on my posts. Your comment will be published after verification. Happy Tatting