Monday, 15 February 2016

Mixed Media

In honor of Valentines Day, I give you some hearts. There are four different tatted hearts and four identical crochet hearts.

I have made these small crochet pineapple heart sachets for many years and given to my girlfriends on Valentine's Day. They are a modified pattern from an old White Crochet magazine.  I create two pineapple motifs and lace together with ribbon. A small soap can be inserted or a bag of lavender. You could also fill with fiber filling and create a pincushion.  They make up quickly and I now add some tatting to the top to make them my own.

The tatted hearts are as follows:
Starting at 12:00 o'clock is the Sweet Heart Valentine by Maria Lenuta "MaryLena" Pop.  This is a pattern provided by the online tatting class. I created this with one shuttle only. It is similar to ankars tatting.
At 3:00 o'clock is  heart by Agnieszka Dreker and a link to the pattern is here. 
At 6:00 o'clock is a pattern by Eileen Stafford, I made this in Hakelgarn 20 and the pattern is available here.
At 9:00 o'clock is a tatted heart made from a corner vintage pattern,  I spoke about on the blog here.



6 comments:

  1. The combination of tatting and crochet is very effective. Lovely gifts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great combination of crochet and tatting
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  3. Superb symbiosis of crafts, as well between beauty & functionality. The recipients must surely love & treasure these :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What lovely gifts they make! Love how the crochet makes the tatting 'pop'.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely gathering of hearts. I would think whomever receives these beautiful gifts will be very happy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Red and white hearts always a classic combination for Valentines Day. Love the Look!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, it will be published after verification.