Tuesday 11 March 2014

Grandmas Shawl

 Mom said grandma was a terrible knitter and you never knew where your heels would be in the socks she knit but we have a picture of her wearing this crochet head scarf/shawl as a young married bride. We estimate it to be about 95 years old.  It is still a light yellow color and has one stain on it.  The thread is still strong and the work done with alternating motifs and an edging. All about size 30 cotton thread. I don't recall her teaching me but I remember I could always go to her if I had a problem with my stitches.


1 comment:

  1. What a nice memory to have about a piece of lace you still have. It's wonderful that this shawl is in such good shape.

    ReplyDelete

It is always nice to see that someone has commented on my posts. Your comment will be published after verification. Happy Tatting