Tuesday 10 October 2023

Pioneer Acres 53 Annual Show


This year at Pioneer Acres Annual Show they featured John Deere Tractors and Farm Equipment,  Celebrating 100 Years of the Model D Tractor.  There were over 100 tractors and equipment on display.  I usually bring my shuttles and demo tatting for the three days of the show and this year I thought I would tat a tractor.  As the date drew close one of my tatting friends said it had already been done.  So began my search for a tatted tractor and I found one.

Grandpa's tractor is a pattern designed by Tamie Alliss dedicated to her grandfather.  I ordered the pattern but it would not arrive in time for the show so I made one up.  I used the John Deere colors of yellow and green in Omega thread. (Not the greatest thread to tat with IMHO).


I also enjoyed tatting with "Batty Tatter" who dropped by for a  visit and gifted me a find from a garage sale.



I can't wait to try these yummy threads.

4 comments:

  1. Nice tractor! Gorgeous threads. Hope you enjoy them. :)
    StephanieW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh well done, perfect John Deere, just right for the occasion!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the tractor!! You find the greatest things to tat!! I agree about the Omega thread, however my best tatting buddy here in Monterey prefers tatting with it, so I gifted all my Omega to her. I think I have Lizbeth in that color combination..... or maybe I'll have to order some ;)

    ReplyDelete

It is always nice to see that someone has commented on my posts. Your comment will be published after verification. Happy Tatting