Friday 9 September 2022

Mobile of Angels

  It is called "Cathedral Angel" and the design is by Elaine Gan.  I really like this one she designed as it makes good use of those chandelier drops. 


I inserted a crystal drop inside and used another crystal bead from the chandelier for the head.

I didn't have a form to block these on so I just used a large dowel to hang them of to dry as I had dampened with water and straightened out the skirt.  I added beads to all the edges and was able to complete in one pass.  So if you haven't learned to do a split chain yet, it will open a whole world of seamless tatting. 

I entered this into a judged competition at the Calgary Stampede and won a third place ribbon. 

  



5 comments:

  1. Wow, lovely, well done on your fair result.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are beautiful and I love the way you hang them, congratulations on your win

    ReplyDelete
  3. It deserves first place, but Congratulations anyway!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

It is always nice to see that someone has commented on my posts. Your comment will be published after verification. Happy Tatting