Wednesday, 17 August 2016

Second Attempt

My second attempt came out much better. I relaxed my wraps and closed slowly and not tightly which was twisting the clunies.  

 If you look closely you may even spot where I added a thread in the middle of a cluny.  I used a split ring to climb to the second row and magic threads to hide the ends. 

I do like this thread as it is very strong and smooth to work with. A vintage size 30 thread this finished coaster is 7 cm or 2.75 inches across.  Another row or size 20 would make this a perfect size for under a glass but for now it is off to cheer up a friend and fits nicely on the card below.



My first attempt can be found here and the pattern by Mimi Dillman here

7 comments:

  1. Very cheerful :-) Nice tallies

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, NO, now you've got me wanting to do another of these motifs!!!! Your clunies are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I don't think they are perfect but getting better. as Jane M. Says, Practice Makes Perfect.

      Delete
  3. Great cluny motif!!!!! :) Looks fabulous on that card!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow this is nice and you have two coaster now, I like this useful way of tatting!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, it will be published after verification.