Monday 6 December 2021

String Art

Ever have a thread that you just can't tat with? This Altin Basak size 50 was gifted to me but because of the silver metallic thread wrapped around the cotton core it was impossible to shuttle tat with,  the metallic thread kept stretching or breaking. I have not tried it with a needle. I have been trying to create gifts from my stash so this bit of string art was created.  

This pattern is for nails in a board but I stitched it instead and I think it turned out ok.  The card is from  a create your own wedding invitations package.  Yes it was my wedding and a long time ago.  That metallic thread did not make it any easier to stitch on the card either.  

To cover the back of the stitching I used some pink cardstock, now the inside right of the card has room for a personalized note. 

The pattern was purchased from Etsy StringingAlongWithMe.  She also uses Facebook and Instagram.  

4 comments:

  1. This is so pretty! I'm glad you were able to find a good use for this thread.
    StephanieW

    ReplyDelete
  2. How clever of you, it’s lovely. I have some similar thread, very difficult to work with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are a multitude of those patterns available. They appealed to me, too. If you are on Penterest, look at my board: https://www.pinterest.com/stringydogs/embroidery-on-paper/
    Enjoy, LindaR

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You must be careful that you use patterns that you have created, purchased or are not copyright.

      Delete

It is always nice to see that someone has commented on my posts. Your comment will be published after verification. Happy Tatting