Wednesday 20 January 2021

Vintage Thread Gift


 

My local guild CGNFA has a weekly sit and stitch meeting via zoom.  We get to chat and show off our current projects.  About a month ago one of the members mentioned that she had some tatting thread that she wanted to know if I wanted. I said yes because I love vintage threads.  

It would take a few weeks before we could do a curbside drop off and when she arrived I gifted her some tatted pieces and she also made me a lovely beaded ornament. I didn't put a tree up this year so I have hung her ornament in my window with other suncatchers and I get to admire it every day. 

I tried out the tread she had brought, it was all size 80/70 but the most lovely clean bright colors.  I tested the thread for strength and then tatted up these bookmarks.  The red thread was from my stash.  

The pattern is by Dotori and available in her Etsy shop. The clear shuttle in the top picture is by Yuuko Terachi and the  lower one is by Rita Richmond, Shuttles by Design.

5 comments:

  1. These are so so beautiful, lovely colours, you were very fortunate to be gifted the thread

    ReplyDelete
  2. That’s a great windfall. I do like the flower, lovely. Pretty shuttles too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous. I love the old, vintage colors. The variegations were fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A pretty way to keep your place in a book. Enjoy the gifted thread!

    ReplyDelete

It is always nice to see that someone has commented on my posts. Your comment will be published after verification. Happy Tatting