Sunday 21 October 2018

Garlic Rope





Maggie sent me a text a few days ago saying she would be in town on Saturday and wanted to know if we could get together, she had some tatting questions.   I  set aside a few hours to chat and tat.   She also asked me if I wanted some Garlic rope she had gotten really cheap.  "Sure", I replied, thinking  it was garlic.

When Maggie arrived I found it was the netting you put garlic into.  She brought me 10 yards/meters of the rope.  I had some  metallic thread asking to be wrangled as the balls don't stay wound once they are out of the bag.

I used a comparable to size 20 color 321 Turquoise Green Liz Metallic and tatted up this snowflake.  It is by Teri Dusenbury and called Wheel of Fortune.  You should be able to see a pattern on this page.

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful snowflake!! :)
    Neat idea for "wrangling" the ball of thread!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Garlic rope minus the garlic! Looks a good way to keep a thread ball neat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful snowflake, I keep the plastic bags that Lizbeth thread arrives in and I keep the thread with the label so I know the name of the thread in the bag. Keeps them clean

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That works great Margaret, I usually write the color and size on the inside spool so if anything gets missing I still have the info.

      Delete

It is always nice to see that someone has commented on my posts. Your comment will be published after verification. Happy Tatting