Friday 18 December 2015

Necessity is the Mother of Invention

I needed some small boxes to gift my tatting.  I used old Christmas cards but of course any paper or card stock could be used.  

Materials needed, old cards, scissors. straight edge, stapler or tape, pencil.
Cut card in half now you have a front and back. 
Measure corner to corner, mark center
Fold all edges into center
Cut along long fold to the next fold
Fold tabs in then end of box over top of tabs. staple or tape in place. 
Inside of box can be lined with felt or cotton
Slip bottom inside top to close

A larger card will make a larger box. Rectangular cards work best.  Line box with felt or paper if you don't want anyone to see the previous years message. If you have any questions, just comment and I will answer for all. 

I will be filling some boxes with candy and dropped into stockings for little treats.  These little boxes work great for my small tatting.


2 comments:

  1. I had a friend that made tons of these and it is such a great idea too and recycled too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Superb idea !!! And each box will be unique & exclusive :-)
    Maybe I can make some to store my 3D tatted pieces .

    ReplyDelete

It is always nice to see that someone has commented on my posts. Your comment will be published after verification. Happy Tatting