I had found this pattern a few years ago and ran across it again this weekend and it called to me. This was so much fun to make even though the pattern was in polish and at times I was moving backwards more that frontwards. It called for a comb on the top and was to be a rooster but it seemed more like a chick to me.
Here is a link to the pattern. If you have any questions I can help you out. I completed this in Omega thread size 30 and the chick is just shy of 2 inches tall.
I've put a little cotton ball in the head to keep it round. Black beads for eyes are put on at the picot join and bugle beads added for a beak after tatting.