Tuesday 21 March 2017

Beanile Tatting



This is an Amulet Pouch designed by Nina Libin for the 20th Annual Shuttlebirds Tatting Workshop. I was fortunate to be able to attend in April of 2016.  I finished the front and back during the workshop. It has taken me almost a year but I finally did the final round attaching the front to the back.

The Amulet is shown beside an Aero bobbin above so you can get the idea of the size. The second picture shows what the backside looks like.  It is tatted with Silver DMC Diamant metallic embroidery thread.  Navy beads are added to the tatting using the Beanile method.
It is a difficult to get a good picture so I've added another below.  

There are a pair of matching earring and the chain which are still in the NUTS (nagging unfinished tasks) pile. 


10 comments:

  1. Wow I can see why it's has taken so long to finish it gorgeous work and a real keepsake 💟🌹💟

    ReplyDelete
  2. 'Sumptuous' is the word that comes to mind!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous, were can we find the pattern?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My understanding is that Nina created the pattern specifically for the 20th Anniversary workshop so you should try her first. She has a contact on her website. http://www.beanile.com/

      Delete
  4. I hope you bring it with you this year. Can't believe it's only 6 weeks away.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful!
    StephanieW

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow!!! That looks so intricate and beautiful!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is gorgeous!! Do you know if she had the pattern published?

    ReplyDelete
  8. She may have, beanile.com

    ReplyDelete

It is always nice to see that someone has commented on my posts. Your comment will be published after verification. Happy Tatting